- Pickens School's student population of 38 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pickens School's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Randolph County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hacker Valley Hacker Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 76 students
11 School Loop Road
Hacker Valley, WV 26222
(304)493-6488 9.4 PK-8 76
- Valley Head Valley Head Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 26 students
Valley Head, WV 26294
(304)339-4950 12.2 K-5 26
- Buckhannon Rock Cave Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 149 students
122092 Route 20 South Road, Po
Buckhannon, WV 26201
(304)924-6969 13.5 PK-5 149
- Mill Creek Tygarts Valley Middle/High School Grades: 6-12 | 480 students
Rt.1 Box 290
Mill Creek, WV 26280
(304)335-4575 14.1 6-12 480
- Mill Creek George Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 285 students
10007 Seneca Trail
Mill Creek, WV 26280
(304)304-4975 14.3 PK-5 285
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.