Platte River Charter Academy
Platte River Charter Academy serves 542 students in grades Prekindergarten-8.
Platte River Charter Academy placed in the top 5% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 66% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 76% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Colorado state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
Platte River Charter Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Platte River Charter Academy's student population of 542 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Platte River Charter Academy is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,783 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Platte River Charter Academy is 0.44, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#75 out of 1783 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) NCES, CO Dept. of Education
PRA teachers are the best and allowed the freedom to expand their teaching methods and oversight of students. Parent involvement at PRA is second to none in the state period.
Review Platte River Charter Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.
What are the Top High Schools in Boston?
We review recent rankings from Boston Magazine that shows the top-rated high schools in this extensive school district.
An Overview of the Funding of Public Schools
Learn about how public schools are funded today and how the federal and local monies are allocated.