Portal Elementary School
Portal Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Nebraska for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Portal Elementary School's student population of 466 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||466 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Portal Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NE)|
|Overall School Rank||#100 out of 918 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Papillion La Vista Community s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Papillion Papillion La Vista Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1783 students
402 E Centennial Rd
Papillion, NE 68046
(402)898-0400 1.2 9-12 1783
- Omaha Meadows Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 310 students
Omaha, NE 68127
(402)339-6655 1.3 PK-6 310
- La Vista Brook Valley School Grades: PK-12
6949 S 110th St
La Vista, NE 68128
(402)597-4800 1.4 PK-12 n/a
- Omaha Hitchcock Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 306 students
5809 S 104th St
Omaha, NE 68127
(402)715-2255 1.4 PK-5 306
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.