Prairie Lane Elementary School
Prairie Lane Elementary School serves 262 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Prairie Lane Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Nebraska for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80-84% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is higher than the Nebraska state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Nebraska state average of 34% (majority Hispanic).
Prairie Lane Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Nebraska for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Prairie Lane Elementary School's student population of 262 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Prairie Lane Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 904 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Prairie Lane Elementary School is 0.41, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.52. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NE)
Overall Testing Rank
#43 out of 904 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NE Dept. of Education
Review Prairie Lane Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Newsweek Ranks Top High Schools in the Country
Newsweek’s annual ranking of the best high schools in America has just been released based upon wider criteria than ever before. See where your high school stands and which campuses won the top accolades.
Are Public Schools Going on the Auction Block?
Going once, going twice: sold to the highest public school bidder! Learn about the growing trend to hold auctions at public schools - and the positive and negative consequences.
Does Your Public School Ban LGBT Websites? Sue with the ACLU
The ACLU is teaming up with public school students to weed out campuses that ban positive, information LGBT websites. Learn about the movement and how you can contribute.