Prospect Park School No. 1
Prospect Park School No. 1 places among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Prospect Park School No. 1's student population of 923 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 66 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||923 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Prospect Park School No. 1's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1824 out of 2,236 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prospect Park Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Haledon Destiny Academy High School
13 Wagaraw Blvd
Haledon, NJ 07508
(973)942-7053 0.2 n/a n/a
- Paterson School 12 Grades: K-8 | 521 students
121 North Second Street
Paterson, NJ 07522
(973)321-0120 0.3 K-8 521
- Hawthorne Washington Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 266 students
176 Mohawk Avenue
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
(973)423-6495 0.6 K-5 266
- Haledon Haledon Public School Grades: PK-8 | 1055 students
91 Henry Street
Haledon, NJ 07508
(973)790-9000 0.7 PK-8 1055
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.