Ravenwood Elementary School serves 451 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Ravenwood Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Kansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 59% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 28%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 56% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is equal to the Kansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Kansas state average of 37% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 451 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 30%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in KS
- Math Proficiency: 59% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 56% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Ravenwood Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Ravenwood Elementary School's student population of 451 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Ravenwood Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,264 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Ravenwood Elementary School is 0.49, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.56. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (KS)
Overall Testing Rank
#93 out of 1264 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ravenwood Elementary School's ranking?
Ravenwood Elementary School is ranked #93 out of 1,264 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Kansas.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% KS state average), while 56% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 36% KS state average).
How many students attend Ravenwood Elementary School?
451 students attend Ravenwood Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
70% of Ravenwood Elementary School students are White, 12% of students are Black, 11% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Asian, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Ravenwood Elementary School?
Ravenwood Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is equal to the Kansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Ravenwood Elementary School offer ?
Ravenwood Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Ravenwood Elementary School part of?
Ravenwood Elementary School is part of Olathe School District.
Review Ravenwood Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.