Redwater J High School
Redwater J High School serves 187 students in grades 7-8.
Redwater J High School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75-79% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
Redwater J High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Redwater J High School's student population of 187 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Redwater J High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Redwater J High School is 0.22, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#715 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review Redwater J High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.
What are the Top High Schools in Boston?
We review recent rankings from Boston Magazine that shows the top-rated high schools in this extensive school district.
An Overview of the Funding of Public Schools
Learn about how public schools are funded today and how the federal and local monies are allocated.