Rena Elementary School serves 423 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Rena Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Arkansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 59% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 46% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Arkansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 41% (majority Black).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 423 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 33%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in AR
- Math Proficiency: 59% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 46% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Rena Elementary School's student population of 423 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Rena Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 993 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Rena Elementary School is 0.51, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (AR)
Overall Testing Rank
#123 out of 993 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Rena Elementary School's ranking?
Rena Elementary School is ranked #123 out of 993 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% AR state average), while 46% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 37% AR state average).
How many students attend Rena Elementary School?
423 students attend Rena Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
67% of Rena Elementary School students are White, 15% of students are Hispanic, 14% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Rena Elementary School?
Rena Elementary School has a student ration of 19:1, which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Rena Elementary School offer ?
Rena Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Rena Elementary School part of?
Rena Elementary School is part of Van Buren School District.
Review Rena Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.