Van Buren High School
- Grades: 10-12
- Enrollment: 1,002 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 34%
- Graduation Rate: 90% (Top 50% in AR)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 34% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 47% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
34% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 47% AR state average), while 47% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 45% AR state average).
What is the graduation rate of Van Buren High School?
The graduation rate of Van Buren High School is 90%, which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 86%.
How many students attend Van Buren High School?
1,002 students attend Van Buren High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
66% of Van Buren High School students are White, 21% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Asian, 2% of students are Black, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Van Buren High School?
Van Buren High School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Van Buren High School offer ?
Van Buren High School offers enrollment in grades 10-12 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Van Buren High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities