New Shoreham School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in New Shoreham School District, serving 120 students.
- Public school in New Shoreham School District have an average math proficiency score of 35% (versus the Rhode Island public school average of 28%), and reading proficiency score of 65% (versus the 36% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 30% of public schools in Rhode Island.
- Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Rhode Island public school average of 42% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the Rhode Island public school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||New Shoreham School District|
|School District Phone Number||(401) 466-7727|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|# of Schools||1 School||317 Schools|
|# of Students||120 Students||141,448 Students|
|# of Teachers||23 Teachers||10,583 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||13:1|
- New Shoreham School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 58 school districts in Rhode Island (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (RI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||1,047 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||4,687 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||24 Students||35,924 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||12,151 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||92 Students||81,512 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||246 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||5,881 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||2,469|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||8||9,994|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||10||10,267|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||10||10,389|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||8||10,517|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||8||10,936|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||5||11,047|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||6||10,830|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||9||10,768|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||9||10,937|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||13||11,465|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||12||11,302|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||14||10,667|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||8||9,860|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $42,982 is higher than the state average of $23,224. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $44,723 is higher than the state average of $24,904. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$32 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$42,982||$23,224|
|Spending / Student||$44,723||$24,904|
New Shoreham School District Public Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Block Island School Block Island School, High Stre
Block Island, RI 02807
Grades: K-12 | 120 students
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.