Rio Vista Elementary School
- Rio Vista Elementary School's student population of 748 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||748 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rio Vista Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#999 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pendergast Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Tutor Time Charter School - Tempe Grades: K-6 | 10 students
2400 N. Central Ave. 101
Phoenix, AZ 85004
(602)200-9800 0.7 K-6 10
- Phoenix Sheely Farms Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 806 students
9450 W. Encanto
Phoenix, AZ 85037
(623)936-9740 1.0 PK-8 806
- Avondale Garden Lakes Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 977 students
10825 W. Garden Lakes Parkway
Avondale, AZ 85323
(623)772-2215 1.3 PK-8 977
- Tolleson Porfirio H. Gonzales Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 899 students
9401 W. Garfield St.
Tolleson, AZ 85353
(623)936-9740 1.4 PK-8 899
- Glendale West-mec - West View High School Grades: 9-12
10850 W. Garden Lakes Parkway
Glendale, AZ 85305
(623)738-0000 1.5 9-12 n/a
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.