Roosevelt Junior High School
Roosevelt Junior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Roosevelt Junior High School's student population of 147 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 26% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||147 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Roosevelt Junior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,544 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dolton 148 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dolton Roosevelt Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 290 students
111 W 146th St
Dolton, IL 60419
(708)201-2070 0.0 K-6 290
- Riverdale Pace Elementary School Grades: K-8
14419 S Atlantic Ave
Riverdale, IL 60827
(708)841-0432 0.3 K-8 n/a
- Riverdale Park Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 232 students
Riverdale, IL 60827
(708)849-9440 0.5 K-6 232
- Harvey Brooks Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 423 students
14741 Wallace St
Harvey, IL 60426
(708)333-6390 0.6 7-8 423
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.