Roosevelt Middle School
Roosevelt Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Roosevelt Middle School's student population of 709 students has grown by 44% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has grown by 70% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||709 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Roosevelt Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,679 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#3388 out of 3679 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bellwood 88 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hillside West 40-sr. Plus Grades: 11-12 | 35 students
4413 W Roosevelt Rd
Hillside, IL 60162
(708)449-4284 0.3 11-12 35
- Bellwood Mckinley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 385 students
3317 Butterfield Rd
Bellwood, IL 60104
(708)544-5230 0.5 K-5 385
- Maywood Irving Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 619 students
805 S 17th Ave
Maywood, IL 60153
(708)450-2015 0.6 6-8 619
- Melrose Park Melrose Park Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 785 students
1715 W Lake St
Melrose Park, IL 60160
(708)450-2042 0.7 K-5 785
- Bellwood Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 245 students
3519 Wilcox Ave
Bellwood, IL 60104
(708)544-2815 0.9 PK 245
Rms is a good school im am in 7th grade but the children need to calm done they are to bad in that school the staffs act like they don`t care . The kid need to get suspended
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ashle
lack of parent involvement and quality of academic programs and facility safety is an issue.too many fights!
- Posted by Parent - boxin
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.