Rooseveltmcgrath Elementary School
- Rooseveltmcgrath Elementary School's student population of 318 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rooseveltmcgrath Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1868 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wayne-Westland Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Rooseveltmcgrath Elementary School is Romulus Virtual Learning Center (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Romulus Romulus Virtual Learning Center Grades: 6-12 | 84 students
9650 S Wayne Road
Romulus, MI 48174
(734) 632-1610 0.3 6-12 84
- Wayne Hoover Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 246 students
5400 4th St
Wayne, MI 48184
(734) 419-2670 0.8 K-4 246
- Romulus Metro Charter Academy Grades: K-8 | 723 students
34800 Ecorse Rd
Romulus, MI 48174
(734) 641-3200 1.3 K-8 723
- Westland Albert Schweitzer Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 363 students
2601 Treadwell St
Westland, MI 48186
(734) 419-2750 1.4 K-4 363
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.