Ruston Elementary School
- Ruston Elementary School's student population of 314 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||314 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ruston Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#846 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lincoln Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ruston Lincoln Parish Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 214 students
801 East Mississippi Avenue
Ruston, LA 70270
(318)513-1470 0.2 PK 214
- Ruston Howard School Grades: 3-12 | 81 students
904 Deville Lane
Ruston, LA 71270
(318)255-5763 1.2 3-12 81
- Ruston A. E. Phillips Laboratory School Grades: K-8 | 394 students
Hergot Street - La Tech Campus
Ruston, LA 71272
(318)257-3469 1.6 K-8 394
- Ruston Ruston High School Grades: 9-12 | 1310 students
900 Bearcat Drive
Ruston, LA 71270
(318)255-0807 1.7 9-12 1310
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.