Ruston Elementary School
- Ruston Elementary School's student population of 311 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 45% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||311 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ruston Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#726 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lincoln Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Ruston Elementary School is Howard School (1.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ruston Lincoln Parish Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 212 students
801 East Mississippi Avenue
Ruston, LA 70270
(318) 513-1470 0.2 PK 212
- Ruston Howard School Grades: 3-12 | 83 students
904 Deville Lane
Ruston, LA 71270
(318) 255-5763 1.2 3-12 83
- Ruston A. E. Phillips Laboratory School Grades: K-8 | 397 students
Hergot Street - La Tech Campus
Ruston, LA 71272
(318) 257-3469 1.6 K-8 397
- Ruston Ruston High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,341 student
900 Bearcat Drive
Ruston, LA 71270
(318) 255-0807 1.7 9-12 1,341
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.