Salemburg Elementary School
- Salemburg Elementary School's student population of 495 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Salemburg Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1528 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sampson County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salemburg Lakewood High School Grades: 9-12 | 549 students
245 Lakewood School Rd
Salemburg, NC 28385
(910)525-5171 1.8 9-12 549
- Roseboro Roseboro Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 428 students
180 Butler Island Road
Roseboro, NC 28382
(910)525-4538 4.2 PK-5 428
- Roseboro Roseboro-salemburg Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 440 students
305 West Pleasant Street
Roseboro, NC 28382
(910)525-4764 4.4 6-8 440
- Autryville Clement Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 386 students
3220 Maxwell Rd
Autryville, NC 28318
(910)567-2112 7.6 PK-5 386
- Clinton Sampson Early College High School Grades: 9-13 | 230 students
1801 Sunset Ave
Clinton, NC 28329
(910)592-8081 8.7 9-13 230
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.