7775 Nw Kaiser Rd.
Portland, OR 97229
Rating
10/
10
Top 5%
Sato Elementary School serves 518 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Sato Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Oregon for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 81% (which is higher than the Oregon state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 80% (which is higher than the Oregon state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is lower than the Oregon state level of 19:1.
Minority enrollment is 61% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the Oregon state average of 38% (majority Hispanic and Asian).

Top Rankings

Sato Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Oregon for:

Category
Attribute

School Overview

Grades Offered
Grades Kindergarten-5
Total Students
518 students
Gender %
This chart display gender of Sato Elementary School
Total Classroom Teachers
31 teachers
Students by Grade
This chart display the students of Sato Elementary School by grade.

School Rankings

Sato Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,208 schools in Oregon (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Sato Elementary School is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.56. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
This School
State Level (OR)
Overall Testing Rank
#30 out of 1208 schools
(Top 5%)
This chart display the overall school rank of Sato Elementary School, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
81%
40%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of Sato Elementary School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of public schools in Oregon by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
80%
54%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Sato Elementary School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Oregon by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Student : Teacher Ratio
17:1
19:1
American Indian
1%
2%
Asian
43%
4%
Hispanic
10%
23%
Black
1%
2%
White
39%
62%
Hawaiian
n/a
1%
Two or more races
6%
6%
All Ethnic Groups
This chart display the percentage breakdown of students of all ethnic groups in Sato Elementary School.
This chart display the percentage breakdown of public school students of all ethnic groups in OR.
Diversity Score
0.66
Eligible for Free Lunch
10%
41%
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
3%
7%
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, OR Dept. of Education

School Reviews

Review Sato Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Rate this school:

Recent Articles

Going Green: Should Public Schools Teach Green Lessons?
Going Green: Should Public Schools Teach Green Lessons?
The eco-friendly movement has reached our public schools and charter schools. Learn about how schools are incorporating green education into their curriculum and entire charters.
Abstinence-Only Education: Does it Work?
Abstinence-Only Education: Does it Work?
In light of President Obama’s recent backing of abstinence-only education, we take a look at the numbers to see if this type of sex ed teaching really leads to lower pregnancy and STD rates.
Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
August 02, 2021
Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.

Quick Stats (2021-22)

  • Grades: Kindergarten-5
  • Students: 518 students
  • Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
  • Minority Enrollment: 61%
  • Overall Testing Rank
    : Top 5% in OR
  • Math Proficiency
    : 81% (Top 5%)
  • Reading Proficiency
    : 80% (Top 10%)
  • Diversity Score
    : 0.66

Related School Videos

Quick Links