School For Advanced Studies North
- School For Advanced Studies North's student population of 119 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 11-12|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- School For Advanced Studies North's student:teacher ratio of 40:1 has increased from 34:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to School For Advanced Studies North is International Studies Virtual (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami International Studies Virtual Grades: 6-12 | 2 students
2480 Sw 8th St
Miami, FL 33135
(305)643-2955 0.2 6-12 2
- Miami Somerset Virtual Academy Grades: 6-12 | 17 students
11100 Nw 27th St
Miami, FL 33172
(305)591-0020 0.2 6-12 17
- Miami Cope Center North Grades: 6-12 | 86 students
9950 Nw 19th Ave
Miami, FL 33147
(305)836-3300 1.0 6-12 86
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.