- Seagraves Schools's student population of 544 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||544 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Seagraves Schools is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#6278 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Seagraves Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Seagraves Schools is Loop School (9.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Loop Loop School Grades: PK-12 | 155 students
1441 Hwy 303
Loop, TX 79342
(806)487-6412 9.2 PK-12 155
- Wellman Wellman-union School Grades: PK-12 | 313 students
505 Terry Ave
Wellman, TX 79378
(806)637-4619 10.8 PK-12 313
- Denver City Kelley Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 402 students
500 N Soland
Denver City, TX 79323
(806)592-5920 14.8 3-5 402
- Denver City Denver City High School Grades: 9-12 | 487 students
601 Mustang Ave
Denver City, TX 79323
(806)592-5950 15.5 9-12 487
Seagraves ISD is currently one of the worst districts around. I recommend parents to compare it to local school districts before deciding to enroll their children in any Seagraves school. The district is being managed poorly by the administration. There is no consistency in discipline and absolutley no communication between the schools and the community. Seagraves ISD is not improving in academics and has lost its winning tradition.
- Posted by Parent - www.p
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.