Shakamak Junior Senior High School
- Shakamak Junior Senior High School's student population of 354 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||354 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shakamak Junior Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1047 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||M S D Shakamak Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jasonville Shakamak Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 414 students
9233 Shakamak Sch Rd
Jasonville, IN 47438
(812) 665-3550 0.0 K-6 414
- Hymera Northeast East Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 139 students
502 N Vine St
Hymera, IN 47855
(812) 383-4671 4.9 PK-5 139
- Dugger Dugger Union Community School Corp Grades: K-12 | 353 students
7356 East County Road 50 South
Dugger, IN 47848
(812) 648-7109 7.4 K-12 353
- Clay City Clay City Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 346 students
681 N Lankford St
Clay City, IN 47841
(812) 939-3120 9.2 K-6 346
- Clay City Clay City Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 378 students
601 Lankford St
Clay City, IN 47841
(812) 939-2154 9.2 7-12 378
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.