Sharon Elementary School
Sharon Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Sharon Elementary School's student population of 148 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sharon Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#80 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sharon School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Sharon Elementary School is South Royalton Elementary/high School (4.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Royalton South Royalton Elementary/high School Grades: PK-12 | 380 students
223 South Winsor Street
South Royalton, VT 05068
(802)763-8844 4.0 PK-12 380
- South Strafford Newton Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 121 students
243 Vt Route 132
South Strafford, VT 05070
(802)765-4351 5.6 PK-8 121
- Norwich Marion W. Cross School Grades: PK-6 | 333 students
22 Church Street
Norwich, VT 05055
(802)649-1703 8.8 PK-6 333
- Barnard Barnard Academy Grades: PK-6 | 70 students
5979 Route 12
Barnard, VT 05031
(802)234-9763 9.2 PK-6 70
- Tunbridge Tunbridge Central School Grades: PK-8 | 132 students
523 Vt Route 110
Tunbridge, VT 05077
(802)889-3310 9.2 PK-8 132
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.