Shelton High School
- Shelton High School's student population of 141 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shelton High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 913 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NE)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#671 out of 913 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shelton Shelton Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 151 students
210 9th St
Shelton, NE 68876
(308) 647-6558 0.0 PK-6 151
- Gibbon Gibbon High School Grades: 7-12 | 256 students
1030 Court Street
Gibbon, NE 68840
(308) 468-5721 6.3 7-12 256
- Wood River Wood River Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 272 students
1003 Lilly St
Wood River, NE 68883
(308) 583-2525 7.8 PK-5 272
- Wood River Wood River Rural High School Grades: 9-12 | 160 students
13800 W Wood River Rd
Wood River, NE 68883
(308) 583-2249 7.9 9-12 160
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.