Sherman High School
- Sherman High School's student population of 424 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||424 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sherman High School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Boone County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seth Sherman Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 214 students
9846 Coal River Road
Seth, WV 25181
(304)837-3694 0.0 7-8 214
- Comfort Sherman Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 383 students
7487 Coal River Road
Comfort, WV 25049
(304)837-8310 1.6 PK-6 383
- Ashford Ashford-rumble Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 198 students
1649 Ashford Nellis Road
Ashford, WV 25009
(304)836-5381 6.6 PK-6 198
- Charleston Chesapeake Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 164 students
13620 Mccorkle Ave
Charleston, WV 25315
(304)949-1121 9.1 PK-5 164
- Belle Midland Trail Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 226 students
200 Ferry St
Belle, WV 25015
(304)949-1823 9.1 PK-5 226
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.