Sherman Junior High School
- Sherman Junior High School's student population of 214 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sherman Junior High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||BOONE COUNTY SCHOOLS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seth Sherman High School Grades: 9-12 | 424 students
10008 Coal River Road
Seth, WV 25181
(304)837-3301 0.0 9-12 424
- Comfort Sherman Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 383 students
7487 Coal River Road
Comfort, WV 25049
(304)837-8310 1.6 PK-6 383
- Ashford Ashford-rumble Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 198 students
1649 Ashford Nellis Road
Ashford, WV 25009
(304)836-5381 6.6 PK-6 198
- Charleston Chesapeake Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 164 students
13620 Mccorkle Ave
Charleston, WV 25315
(304)949-1121 9.1 PK-5 164
- Belle Midland Trail Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 226 students
200 Ferry St
Belle, WV 25015
(304)949-1823 9.1 PK-5 226
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.