Sherman Elementary School
- Sherman Elementary School's student population of 383 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||383 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sherman Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||BOONE COUNTY SCHOOLS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seth Sherman High School Grades: 9-12 | 424 students
10008 Coal River Road
Seth, WV 25181
(304)837-3301 1.6 9-12 424
- Seth Sherman Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 214 students
9846 Coal River Road
Seth, WV 25181
(304)837-3694 1.6 7-8 214
- Ashford Ashford-rumble Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 198 students
1649 Ashford Nellis Road
Ashford, WV 25009
(304)836-5381 5.8 PK-6 198
- Charleston Chesapeake Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 164 students
13620 Mccorkle Ave
Charleston, WV 25315
(304)949-1121 7.6 PK-5 164
- Belle Midland Trail Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 226 students
200 Ferry St
Belle, WV 25015
(304)949-1823 7.7 PK-5 226
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.