- Shungnak School's student population of 90 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shungnak School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Northwest Arctic Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kobuk Kobuk School Grades: PK-12 | 47 students
101 Mushers Way
Kobuk, AK 99751
(907)948-2231 7.6 PK-12 47
- Ambler Ambler School Grades: PK-12 | 77 students
109 Ambler Dr
Ambler, AK 99786
(907)445-2154 23.3 PK-12 77
- Selawik Davis-ramoth School Grades: PK-12 | 271 students
2600 Musk Ox Parkway
Selawik, AK 99770
(907)484-2142 80.3 PK-12 271
- Huslia Jimmy Huntington School Grades: PK-12 | 83 students
Huslia School Blvd
Huslia, AK 99746
(907)829-2405 84.8 PK-12 83
- Kiana Kiana School Grades: PK-12 | 126 students
190 Casanoff St
Kiana, AK 99749
(907)475-2115 88.9 PK-12 126
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.