- The student population of 76 students has grown by 13% over five years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has grown by 83% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-12|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.04 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Northwest Arctic Borough School District's student population of 2,124 students has grown by 6% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $36,372 is higher than the state average of $27,880. The district revenue/student has grown by 22% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $37,982 is higher than the state average of $27,459. The district spending/student has grown by 17% over four years.
|School District Name||Northwest Arctic Borough School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,124||399|
|District Total Revenue||$75 MM||$11 MM|
|District Spending||$79 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$36,372||$27,880|
|District Spending / Student||$37,982||$27,459|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ShungnakShungnak SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 94 students
Po Box 79
Shungnak, AK 99773
- KobukKobuk SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 53 students
Po Box 40
Kobuk, AK 99751
- SelawikDavis-ramoth SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 303 students
Po Box 119
Selawik, AK 99770
- KianaKiana SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 130 students
Po Box 190
Kiana, AK 99749
- NoorvikAqqaluk High/noorvik Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 204 students
Po Box 165
Noorvik, AK 99763
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.