Ambler School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Ambler School's student population of 77 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 36% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ambler School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Graduation Rate (14-15)||≥50%|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Northwest Arctic Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shungnak Shungnak School Grades: PK-12 | 90 students
#6 West River Road
Shungnak, AK 99773
(907)437-2151 23.3 PK-12 90
- Kobuk Kobuk School Grades: PK-12 | 47 students
101 Mushers Way
Kobuk, AK 99751
(907)948-2231 29.1 PK-12 47
- Selawik Davis-ramoth School Grades: PK-12 | 271 students
2600 Musk Ox Parkway
Selawik, AK 99770
(907)484-2142 67.2 PK-12 271
- Kiana Kiana School Grades: PK-12 | 126 students
190 Casanoff St
Kiana, AK 99749
(907)475-2115 69.9 PK-12 126
- Noorvik Aqqaluk High/noorvik Elementary School Grades: PK-12 | 202 students
165 Fireweed Dr
Noorvik, AK 99763
(907)636-2178 87.8 PK-12 202
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.