Skyline High School serves 546 students in grades Prekindergarten-12.
Skyline High School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 43% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 54% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the Alabama state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 546 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 20:1
- Minority Enrollment: 25%
- Graduation Rate: ≥90% (Top 50% in AL)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20%
- Math Proficiency: 43% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 54% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Skyline High School's student population of 546 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Skyline High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Skyline High School is 0.40, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (AL)
Overall Testing Rank
#201 out of 1276 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Skyline High School's ranking?
Skyline High School is ranked #201 out of 1,276 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
43% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 24% AL state average), while 54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% AL state average).
What is the graduation rate of Skyline High School?
The graduation rate of Skyline High School is 90%, which is higher than the Alabama state average of 89%.
How many students attend Skyline High School?
546 students attend Skyline High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
75% of Skyline High School students are White, 21% of students are American Indian, and 4% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Skyline High School?
Skyline High School has a student ration of 20:1, which is higher than the Alabama state average of 18:1.
What grades does Skyline High School offer ?
Skyline High School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-12
What school district is Skyline High School part of?
Skyline High School is part of Jackson County School District.
Review Skyline High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.