Sligo Creek Elementary School
- Sligo Creek Elementary School's student population of 671 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||671 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sligo Creek Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#406 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver Spring Silver Spring International Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,082 student
313 Wayne Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301) 650-6544 0.1 6-8 1,082
- Silver Spring Highland View Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 397 students
9010 Providence Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20901
(240) 740-1990 0.4 K-5 397
- Silver Spring Oak View Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 471 students
400 E Wayne Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20901
(301) 650-6434 0.7 3-5 471
I THINK THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL!
- Posted by Parent - KIKKI
I believe that the special education program is excellent for my autistic grandson. He has had some outstanding teachers. My granddaughter is also receiving a good program from her teachers. The athletic program is comprehensive and very enthusiastic. I recommend Sligo Creek Elementary School. We have not had either child in the French immersion classes.
- Posted by Parent - kes.r
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.