Slocomb High School
- Slocomb High School's student population of 360 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Slocomb High School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#900 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Geneva County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Slocomb Slocomb Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 576 students
108 S Hemby Street
Slocomb, AL 36375
(334)886-2132 0.4 PK-5 576
- Hartford Geneva Co Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 409 students
819 S 6th Ave
Hartford, AL 36344
(334)588-2923 5.8 PK-5 409
- Hartford Geneva Co High School Grades: 9-12 | 232 students
301 Lily St
Hartford, AL 36344
(334)588-2943 5.9 9-12 232
- Newton Wicksburg High School Grades: K-12 | 940 students
1172 S State Highway 123
Newton, AL 36352
(334)692-5549 8.8 K-12 940
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.