Somerset Academy Of Las Vegas
Somerset Academy Of Las Vegas places among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Somerset Academy Of Las Vegas's student population of 5,778 students has grown by 91% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 262 teachers has grown by 98% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||5,778 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||262 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Somerset Academy Of Las Vegas is ranked within the top 30% of all 620 schools in Nevada (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NV)|
|Overall School Rank||#160 out of 620 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||State-sponsored Charter s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Las Vegas Clifford O Findlay Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1305 students
333 W. Tropical Pkwy.
North Las Vegas, NV 89031
(702)799-3160 0.4 6-8 1305
- North Las Vegas Don E Hayden Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 629 students
150 W. Rome Blvd.
North Las Vegas, NV 89084
(702)799-3870 0.5 PK-5 629
- North Las Vegas Legacy High School Grades: 9-12 | 2846 students
150 W. Deer Springs Way
North Las Vegas, NV 89084
(702)799-1777 0.7 9-12 2846
This school was great but the quality of the school has deteriorated since they have opened. The teachers are a mixed bag. My children thankfully had (for the most part) great teachers. It's the administration that was hard to deal with. There was a lack of communication and respect for children and parents. I hope that they can change this because the school started off great. I was a little confused with the grading system and teachers didnt email or contact me if my children had problems with what they were learning. Mainly a lack of communication was the problem. Also when I had issues with something, I often felt the administration were not listening. This makes it hard for parents to work with the school as a team. Hopefully things get better.
- Posted by Parent - Heather