Sour Lake Elementary School
- Sour Lake Elementary School's student population of 633 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||633 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sour Lake Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#1210 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hardin-jefferson Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sour Lake Hardin-jefferson High School Grades: 9-12 | 653 students
3155 Hwy 326 S
Sour Lake, TX 77659
(409)981-6430 0.6 9-12 653
- Sour Lake Henderson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 533 students
3025 Hwy 326 S
Sour Lake, TX 77659
(409)981-6420 0.6 6-8 533
- China China Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 435 students
605 Henderson Ave
China, TX 77613
(409)981-6410 7.4 PK-5 435
- Saratoga West Hardin Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 317 students
39227 Hwy 105
Saratoga, TX 77585
(936)274-5061 12.6 PK-6 317
- Beaumont West Brook Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 2425 students
8750 Phelan Blvd
Beaumont, TX 77706
(409)617-5500 13.1 9-12 2425
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.