Anderson 05 School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public high schools in Anderson 05 School District, serving 3,609 students.
- Public high school in Anderson 05 School District have an average math proficiency score of 64% (versus the South Carolina public high school average of 59%), and reading proficiency score of 63% (versus the 64% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in South Carolina.
- public high school in Anderson 05 School District have a Graduation Rate of 83%, which is less than the South Carolina average of 84%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is T. L. Hanna High School, with 88% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in South Carolina or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the South Carolina public high school average of 46% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the South Carolina public high school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Anderson 05 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.anderson5.net/|
|School District Phone Number||(864)260-5000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||304 Schools|
|# of Students||3,609 Students||238,883 Students|
|# of Teachers||228 Teachers||15,625 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
- Anderson 05 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 84 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 83% has increased from 74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||767 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||55 Students||3,947 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||223 Students||19,489 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,189 Students||78,551 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,997 Students||128,191 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||314 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||140 Students||7,558 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||16|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||881|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||918|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||980|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||1,059|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||1,078|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||1,106|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||2,585|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||2,951|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||3,215|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,081||63,494|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||917||57,753|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||849||52,720|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||762||50,127|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,524 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,235. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,930 is higher than the state average of $10,515. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|Total Revenue||$121 MM||$39 MM|
|Spending||$139 MM||$40 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,524||$10,235|
|Spending / Student||$10,930||$10,515|
Anderson 05 School District Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Anderson Five Career Campus 1225 South Mcduffie Street
Anderson, SC 29624
Grades: 9-12 | n/a students
- Anderson Five Charter School 1225 South Mcduffie Street
Anderson, SC 29624
Grades: 9-12 | 80 students
- T. L. Hanna High School 2600 Highway 81 North
Anderson, SC 29621
Grades: 9-12 | 1876 students
- Westside High School 806 Pearman Dairy Road
Anderson, SC 29625
Grades: 9-12 | 1653 students
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.