29111 South Carolina Public Elementary Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 top public elementary school in 29111, South Carolina, serving 546 students.
- Public schools in zipcode 29111 have a diversity score of 0.50, which is higher than the South Carolina average of 0.43.
- The most diverse school in zipcode 29111 is Walker-gamble Elementary School. Read more about public school diversity statistics in South Carolina or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 37% (majority Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 16:1.
29111, SC Public Elementary Schools (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- New Zion Walker-gamble Elementary School2358 Walker-gamble Road
New Zion, SC 29111
Grades: PK-5 | 546 students
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.