Langford Area 45-5 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Langford Area 45-5 School District serving 87 students in Langford, South Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the South Dakota state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Langford Area 45-5 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Langford Langford Area Elementary - 02206 Chestnut
Langford, SD 57454
Grades: PK-5 | 87 students
|School District Name||Langford Area 45-5 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||87 students|
|# of Teachers||8 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||45 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||42 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||3 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||76 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||11|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Langford Area 45-5 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 145 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,068 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,394. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,739 is less than the state average of $10,920. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,068||$11,394|
|Spending / Student||$8,739||$10,920|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.