South Jefferson High School
- South Jefferson High School's student population of 587 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||587 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Jefferson High School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#168 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Jefferson Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Adams Center Maynard P Wilson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 568 students
13180 Us Rt 11
Adams Center, NY 13606
(315)583-5418 2.2 PK-5 568
- Belleville Belleville Henderson Central School Grades: PK-12 | 491 students
8372 County Rt 75
Belleville, NY 13611
(315)846-5121 5.8 PK-12 491
- Mannsville Mannsville Manor Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 368 students
423 N Main St
Mannsville, NY 13661
(315)465-4281 8.0 PK-5 368
- Sackets Harbor Sackets Harbor Central School Grades: K-12 | 442 students
215 S Broad St
Sackets Harbor, NY 13685
(315)646-3575 9.5 K-12 442
- Watertown Jefferson-lewis-hamilton-herkimer-oneida Boces Grades: K-12 | 294 students
20104 State Rte 3
Watertown, NY 13601
(315)779-7010 10.2 K-12 294
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.