South Valley Prep
- South Valley Prep's student population of 156 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Valley Prep's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NM)|
|Overall School Rank||#616 out of 819 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Valley Prep School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Robert F. Kennedy Charter Grades: 6-12 | 312 students
4300 Blake Rd Sw
Albuquerque, NM 87106
(505)873-1165 1.8 6-12 312
- Albuquerque New America School Grades: 9-12 | 328 students
1734 Isleta Blvd Sw
Albuquerque, NM 87105
(505)264-7340 3.4 9-12 328
- Albuquerque La Promesa Early Learning Grades: K-8 | 394 students
7500 La Morada Nw
Albuquerque, NM 87120
(505)268-3274 5.1 K-8 394
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.