Southdown Elementary School
Southdown Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Southdown Elementary School's student population of 296 students has declined by 32% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||296 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southdown Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#963 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Terrebonne Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houma Houma Junior High School Grades: 7-9 | 1035 students
315 St. Charles
Houma, LA 70360
(985)872-1511 0.4 7-9 1035
- Houma Mulberry Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 935 students
450 Cougar Drive
Houma, LA 70360
(985)872-5328 1.5 PK-6 935
- Houma Legion Park Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 381 students
710 Williams Avenue
Houma, LA 70364
(985)876-2272 1.8 PK-6 381
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.