Acadian Elementary School
- Acadian Elementary School's student population of 758 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has declined by 29% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||758 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Acadian Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#729 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Terrebonne Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houma Honduras Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 301 students
530 Grand Caillou Road
Houma, LA 70363
(985)872-5695 0.7 PK-4 301
- Houma Elysian Fields Middle School Grades: 5-6 | 337 students
700 Hibernia Place
Houma, LA 70363
(985)876-2041 1.2 5-6 337
- Houma Legion Park Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 319 students
710 Williams Avenue
Houma, LA 70364
(985)876-2272 1.5 PK-6 319
- Houma Oaklawn Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 443 students
2215 Acadian Drive
Houma, LA 70363
(985)872-3904 1.6 7-8 443
That 16 students to 1 teacher ratio is a blatant lie. Our kids are 23 to a kindergarten class and close to 30 to a 3rd grade class. The teachers are rude and talk down to the children. Which is no surprise because the "Master Teacher" likes to run around telling kids to "shut up" . If the head of the teachers isn't held to any kind of standards, what kind of standards will the regular teachers be held to? Obviously none. My kindergartener comes home crying that "my teacher yells so much momma", and when I sent a letter to my 3rd grade IEP math students teacher asking for tips on how to help him better his grades she muttered "that's just ridiculous".... This school is so out of hand that not only are the regular students being mistreated, but I've even heard horror stories from other parents about the Special Needs class's teacher yelling at the handicapped children constantly. This school allows little to NO parent involvement... for the mere fact that they don't want parents around to see how flawed their school is. If you have an option. DO NOT send your child here. I will be removing mine in favor of homeschooling or getting special permission to place them at Honduras ASAP.
- Posted by Parent - joani
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.