- The student population of 801 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has declined by 11% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||801 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.51 is more than the state average of 0.45. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Rowan-salisbury s School District's student population of 20,111 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $8,684 in this district is less than the state average of $15,636. The district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,795 is less than the state average of $15,099. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Rowan-salisbury s School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||20,111||912|
|District Total Revenue||$175 MM||$14 MM|
|District Spending||$177 MM||$14 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,684||$15,636|
|District Spending / Student||$8,795||$15,099|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SalisburyKoontz Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 553 students
685 East Ritchie Rd
Salisbury, NC 28146
FaithFaith Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 432 students
Po Box 161
Faith, NC 28041
China GroveCarson High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 1231 students
290 Kress Venture Dr
China Grove, NC 28023
Granite QuarryGranite Quarry Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 493 students
Po Box 279
Granite Quarry, NC 28072
SalisburyKnollwood Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 652 students
3075 Shue Rd
Salisbury, NC 28147
April 22, 2017
Police departments on public school campuses have played a major role in reducing violent crime and the speed limit. Unfortunately, they are also fighting an uphill battle against budget cuts.
April 22, 2017
Which states have the most diverse public schools? We analyze our data to find how much diversity truly exists on public school campuses. Learn about the varying levels of school diversity in regions around the nation, as well as the benefits derived from ethnic diversity in schools.
April 21, 2017
Children are reading less and less in this country, and the effects of that are showing in their performance in school. However, there are a variety of ways parents can encourage their children to read – and hopefully to love reading!