Southern Elementary School
- Southern Elementary School's student population of 530 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||530 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southern Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#571 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southern Local School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Racine Southern High School Grades: 9-12 | 226 students
920 Elm St
Racine, OH 45771
(740)949-2611 0.0 9-12 226
- New Haven New Haven Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 507 students
138 Mill St.
New Haven, WV 25265
(304)882-2025 3.6 PK-6 507
- Mason Wahama High School Grades: 7-12 | 353 students
#1 White Falcon Drive, P.o. Bo
Mason, WV 25260
(304)773-5539 7.5 7-12 353
- Ravenswood Henry J Kaiser Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 352 students
803 Kaiser Avenue
Ravenswood, WV 26164
(304)273-2692 7.8 PK-2 352
- Ravenswood Ravenswood High School Grades: 9-12 | 436 students
100 Plaza Drive
Ravenswood, WV 26164
(304)273-9301 7.9 9-12 436
The kids there will torture you! They're snobby!(Most of them anyway.)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - thosc
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.