Southern Pines Elementary School
- Southern Pines Elementary School's student population of 365 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||365 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southern Pines Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2,555 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1183 out of 2555 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Moore County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aberdeen Southern Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 664 students
717 Johnson Street
Aberdeen, NC 28315
(910)693-1550 2.2 6-8 664
- Aberdeen Aberdeen Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 310 students
503 Sandhills Blvd N
Aberdeen, NC 28315
(910)944-1124 2.9 3-5 310
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.