Speer Elementary School
Speer Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Speer Elementary School's student population of 793 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||793 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Speer Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#6733 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Arlington Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arlington Webb Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 742 students
1200 N Cooper St
Arlington, TX 76011
(682)867-4300 0.5 PK-6 742
- Arlington Jean Massieu Academy Grades: PK-11 | 195 students
823 N Center St
Arlington, TX 76011
(817)460-0396 0.6 PK-11 195
- Arlington Kooken Ed Center Grades: PK | 361 students
423 N Ctr St
Arlington, TX 76012
(682)867-7152 0.7 PK 361
- Dallas Uplift Summit International High School Grades: 9-12 | 438 students
1301 N Center St
Dallas, TX 75207
(817)287-5121 1.0 9-12 438
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.