Spencer Elementary School
Spencer Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Spencer Elementary School's student population of 559 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||559 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Spencer Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||ROANE COUNTY SCHOOLS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spencer Spencer Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 429 students
102 Chapman Avenue
Spencer, WV 25276
(304)927-6415 0.9 5-8 429
- Walton Walton Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 337 students
90 School Drive
Walton, WV 25286
(304)577-6731 11.1 PK-8 337
- Le Roy Roane-jackson Vo-tech Center Grades: PK-12
9450 Spencer Road
Le Roy, WV 25252
(304)372-7335 11.4 PK-12 n/a
- Arnoldsburg Arnoldsburg School Grades: PK-4 | 236 students
90 Spring Run Road
Arnoldsburg, WV 25234
(304)655-8616 12.0 PK-4 236
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.