Spruce Creek Elementary School
- Spruce Creek Elementary School's student population of 787 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||787 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Spruce Creek Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1511 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Volusia School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Orange Spruce Creek High School Grades: 9-12 | 2638 students
801 Taylor Rd
Port Orange, FL 32127
(386)756-7200 0.7 9-12 2638
- Port Orange Sweetwater Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 622 students
5800 Victoria Gardens Blvd
Port Orange, FL 32127
(386)322-7530 1.0 PK-5 622
- Port Orange Cypress Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 773 students
6100 S Williamson Blvd
Port Orange, FL 32128
(386)322-5162 1.9 PK-5 773
- Port Orange Horizon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 751 students
4751 Hidden Lake Dr
Port Orange, FL 32129
(386)756-7150 2.3 PK-5 751
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.