St. Amant Middle School
- St. Amant Middle School's student population of 599 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||599 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- St. Amant Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#357 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ascension Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Amant St. Amant High School Grades: 9-12 | 1970 students
12035 Hwy 431
Saint Amant, LA 70774
(225)391-6000 1.3 9-12 1970
- Gonzales East Ascension High School Grades: 9-12 | 1820 students
612 E Worthy Street
Gonzales, LA 70737
(225)391-6100 3.1 9-12 1820
- Gonzales Pecan Grove Primary School Grades: PK-5 | 552 students
1712 South Pecan Grove Avenue
Gonzales, LA 70737
(225)391-7450 3.1 PK-5 552
The academic status of this school is average. Some of the teachers expectations are high, while others just give you work to do. There are a few extracurricular activities, but not as many as I expected. Parental involvement in this school is good.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Singf
Dress code is very strictly enforced!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - its_m
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.