Lake Elementary School
Lake Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Lake Elementary School's student population of 901 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||901 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lake Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#154 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ascension Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gonzales Central Primary School Grades: PK-5 | 815 students
41469 La Hwy 621
Gonzales, LA 70737
(225)391-7700 2.1 PK-5 815
- Prairieville Galvez Primary School Grades: PK-5 | 626 students
16093 Henderson Bayou Road
Prairieville, LA 70769
(225)391-6600 2.3 PK-5 626
- Saint Amant St. Amant High School Grades: 9-12 | 1970 students
12035 Hwy 431
Saint Amant, LA 70774
(225)391-6000 2.4 9-12 1970
- Prairieville Lakeside Primary School Grades: PK-5 | 617 students
16500 La Hwy 431
Prairieville, LA 70769
(225)391-7750 2.8 PK-5 617
I do think that the administration in the past relied heavily on parents just knowing what was happening because that's what was always done. IF you were from out of state, or this was your first child, you always felt confused and lost. The administration rarely returned calls and seemed frustrated when they did. That was my experience the first could years but recent changes have made all of the difference. I feel like everything is now well communicated and responded to. Massive improvement. Main office administration aside, this is an amazing school. Great teachers who honestly care about your kids. Strong focus on goals, achievement and success. They work with the parents to get the best out of the kids.
- Posted by Parent - 3rd grade parent
The administration at this school won't return phone calls, very unfriendly front office staff, especially if you aren't from Louisiana.
- Posted by Parent - murph
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.