Central Primary School
- Central Primary School's student population of 794 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||794 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Central Primary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#377 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ascension Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prairieville Galvez Primary School Grades: PK-5 | 716 students
16093 Henderson Bayou Road
Prairieville, LA 70769
(225)391-6600 2.8 PK-5 716
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.