Central Middle School
Central Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Central Middle School's student population of 653 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||653 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Central Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#373 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ascension Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gonzales Central Primary School Grades: PK-5 | 794 students
41469 La Hwy 621
Gonzales, LA 70737
(225) 391-7700 0.1 PK-5 794
- Prairieville Galvez Primary School Grades: PK-5 | 716 students
16093 Henderson Bayou Road
Prairieville, LA 70769
(225) 391-6600 2.7 PK-5 716
This school is amazing. They do whatever it takes to prepare students for the future.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Olivia
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.