Dutchtown Middle School
Dutchtown Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Dutchtown Middle School's student population of 871 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||871 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dutchtown Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#68 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ascension Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Geismar Dutchtown High School Grades: 9-12 | 2265 students
13165 Hwy 73
Geismar, LA 70734
(225)391-6200 0.1 9-12 2265
- Gonzales Duplessis Primary School Grades: PK-5 | 758 students
38101 Hwy 621
Gonzales, LA 70737
(225)391-6650 1.2 PK-5 758
- Geismar Spanish Lake Primary School Grades: PK-5 | 833 students
13323 Bluff Road
Geismar, LA 70734
(225)391-7650 1.2 PK-5 833
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.